We went to the Canadian Finals Rodeo the beginning of November. This is the first year that Nate has qualified, they have only been letting Americans in for the past three years. It was an amazing experience and Nate did really great. It was a great way to end his year. The finals were held in Edmonton, Alberta. We left on a Monday and drove all day, then stopped just after the border, then drove again the next day and arrived at about two in the afternoon. They put us up in the Edmonton Coast Plaza hotel, which was very nice. The finals consist of six rounds, starting on Wednesday and ending on Sunday. With back to back performances on Saturday. So including driving and everything, we were there for about nine days. It was a blast. We hung out a lot with our friends Matt and Ali Shi0zawa. He qualified too. We had the chance to visit their huge mall in West Edmonton a few times, and it was amazing. I will post all of the pictures. Ledger did really good on the drive and sitting through rodeo. He is pretty used to going to rodeos, but this time it was a little more complicated, I sat all by myself each night which is different cause I usually sit by my friends, other contestants wives, or my family. Nate's parents were planning on coming, but with his dads health they decided against it. We were sad! So each night I would try and have everything all ready so I wouldn't have to get out of my seat. The roping was down a ways, like the sixth or seventh event... so he roped at about nine thirty every night and the rodeo started at seven. Each night when Nate backed in the box to rope they would announce that he was a new daddy in June to a baby boy named Ledger, so all the people in my section eventually caught on to who we were. When they would say that Ledge would be so GROUCHY, squealing... after he had been patient the whole rodeo. I thought it was funny that he could be so good every night clear up until that point. Ha Ha, he is so funny! All in all Nate did good at the rodeo, a great little year end bonus, and the Canadian Finals had us all singing, "OH CANADA" the whole way home!!!!
By the way i have not made a post forever, and I was planning on going private by Thanksgiving... but now it is almost Christmas and I am sure it will be a while before I really do, so please still if you want an invite leave me your e-mail address, I would love for anyone who wants to to keep looking!!!!





17 comments:
Wow! I haven't talked to you in soooo long! I hope all is going good! It looks like it! & you better add Jason & I....courtsk8@yahoo.com
How fun is all of that?! Dang,..I need to talk Brad into putting on some wranglers and learning to "cowboy"! ;) Ledger is adorable!
We are glad you had so much fun! Ledger is so nice and cute!
Hey Meggan-- so fun to see and hear about your trip to Canada!! That is awesome!! Ledger is adorable--
I went private on by blog, too--so will you send me your e-mail and I'll send you an invite. Thanks-- maybe we'll see you guys over Christmas break. We're driving to Idaho the day after Christmas, it would be fun to get together with you guys. My email is mossorthobm@vcn.com
That looks like a kick a** mall. Too fun.
hey girl what the heck is up? Its kinda funny and random that I found your blog. Sorry not trying to blog stalk you or anything jk. Any who your baby is so cute! I didn't even know you got married. So what else is up in your life?
I am glad I finally got around to checking out your blog before you went private. Ledger is so cute! Send me an invite...shane.nicole@gmail.com
Speaking of rodeos. There is a women in our ward who I've know for a while, but I guess we never discussed this. We(the R.S. Pres.) were visting her the other day, and I commented on her Western tree. She laughed and said yeah I leave it up all year, the Rodeoers that stay here on the weekends in the summer are finally getting used to it. I told her that we had family that rodeoed and that our cousin was married to a man who has gone to the NFR a few times, she asked his name, and was like, Oh! I know Nate and his family, what are your cousins names? She knew Jared, and I think she even said she was part owner in a few horses with him. She said they have both stayed at her home several times when here for rodeos. It is such a small world. It made me think of you guys and how much we miss seeing you. Oh! duh, her name is Chantelle Martin, we live around the corner from her. Next time either of them or you included need some where to stay or just want to drop in and say Hi!, we would love it. 801-302-9948. Tell all of your famly to have a great holiday from Dan & Tracie.
I think you had to good of time! It was good seeing you the other day.
Hey I found your blog! Ledger is so cute. Our blog address is thekregers.blogspot.com.
Megan- hey it's Stefanie "Ball" Collins now, how the heck are ya? All "mommy-fied" these days I see. love it. Isn't being a mom the best?!? Your little Ledger is to die for, and you look amazing as always! I'd love to keep in touch- my blog is set to private so e-mail me at stefanie_b21@hotmail.com and I'll send ya an invite- and vice-versa. So glad to see your doing so good and your little family is adorable! Merry Christmas, hope to hear from ya soon
Well Nate good job at the rodeo.... Its too bad Ledger decided to be cranky just when the attention was on him. He is such a cute boy. Do you guys ever make it to the Lewiston Roundup?
Please oh please can I be on your list???? How are you by the way, your never at the salon when I am there! Your little one is so cute! I hope you had a Merry Christmas! My email is kmel2@yahoo.com
Oh my goodness, your family is so cute! Can't wait to see your Christmas photos!
Hi Meggan you don't know me but I went to Ricks College with Nathan and Megan and I found your blog on Bobbi Moss's blog. I am so glad I found your cute little family before your blog goes private! Would you tell Nate Hi for me and if you wouldn't mind I would love to keep posted on your family and be invited to veiw! Kellee Jo Haws (maiden name Parsons)
Haws7005@msn.com
PS could you pass a message onto Megan and Jake that I would love to get in touch with them again too?
Meggan, Ledger is getting so big! It is crazy how fast they grow! He is adorable!!
Oh man remember the Rodeos back in the day! You and I would eat those dang fries ALL day long?
Well that is awesome you went to Edmonton we were just there in November too and we stayed in the SAME hotel pretty crazy! It is awesome there though! Looks like you guys had fun! you lil one is so cute!!
Post a Comment